Strong Defense For Federal Firearm Crimes
Even with the protection of the second amendment to ensure our right to keep and bear arms, gun laws in the United States have never been more oppressive. Federal weapons offenses are extremely serious crimes that can result in life-changing consequences if you are convicted. If you have been arrested for any type of federal firearm crime, it is important that you have a dedicated defense lawyer representing you.
At Lynch & Pine, we represent Rhode Island and Massachusetts clients in a wide array of federal offense cases. We have a comprehensive knowledge of federal gun laws. We have successfully represented numerous clients in Rhode Island and Massachusetts in these notoriously complex and often highly contested cases.
Reliable Defense Against Any Federal Weapons Offense Charge
There are many different issues that can lead to a federal weapons charge, and nearly all of them are felony offenses. Our deep understanding of federal weapons law and our extensive experience in these matters allow us to take a much more proactive approach when developing a sound defense designed to avoid a conviction on your record.
We are prepared to defend you against charges for any type of federal weapons offense, including:
- Unlawful possession of a weapon, including a felon in possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm in a federal facility or on federal property
- Possession of a weapon while committing a felony offense
- Possession or use of banned weapons or ammunition
- Possession of an unregistered weapon
- Removal of serial numbers and other identifying information
- Purchase of a firearm for an unauthorized individual
- Unlawful discharge of a firearm in a federal facility, including a post office or airport
- Weapons trafficking, including the illegal import and export of weapons
- Illegally altering weapons, including modifications to create a fully automatic weapon
- Committing fraud in order to obtain a weapon permit
- Providing a weapon that is used to commit a crime
Speak With An Attorney About Your Federal Gun Crime Charge
We invite you to contact one of our offices in Providence or Newport to discuss your federal criminal defense needs with one of our lawyers. We offer a free initial consultation to all new clients. Simply call 401-680-0921 or contact us via email today.