Jeffrey B. Pine
- Criminal Law
- Government Investigations
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Wrongful Death/Serious Personal Injury
- College/University Disciplinary Proceedings
- Criminal Appeals
- Family Law
Since 1999 Jeff Pine has successfully represented numerous individuals charged in all kinds of criminal cases at the State and Federal levels. Jeff has achieved both acquittals at trial and favorable resolutions for his clients at both the trial and investigative stages, including, homicide cases, all forms of capital offenses, embezzlement cases, major felonies and misdemeanors.
Jeff also frequently acts as outside counsel to corporations and businesses in Rhode Island and Massachusetts who find themselves involved in government investigations and prosecutions, providing experienced and professional counsel based on more than 15 years as a prosecutor and almost 10 as a defense attorney, during which time he has developed important relationships at all levels of law enforcement.
"I find that my experience as a trial attorney in the court system and the relationships that I have developed during my professional career make me uniquely qualified to handle criminal and civil litigation matters. I am proud to achieve the results that I do for my clients and I give my commitment to them in every case I handle."
Jeff Pine grew up in Providence and graduated from Moses Brown School in 1972. He went on to earn a BA in Political Science from Haverford College in 1976 and a law degree from the National Law Center at George Washington University in 1979.
Jeff Pine spent ten years as a criminal prosecutor in the Department of Attorney General prosecuting dozens of capital cases and high profile homicides. He was elected Attorney General in 1992 and was overwhelmingly reelected in 1994, receiving 76% of the vote.
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1979
- Haverford College, Haverford, Pennsylvania
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1976
- Rhode Island, 1979
- Massachusetts, 1979
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- American Bar Association, 00/1979
- Rhode Island Bar Association, 00/1979
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 00/1979